Every once in a blue moon, we get the phone call… you know the type. “Hi, um… I’m a man and I’m wondering if CoolSculpting works for me too?”
Absolutely. It’s more important to understand how CoolSculpting works in order to know who is a CoolSculpting candidate. If your jeans are hugging a little too snug or that suit isn’t fitting like it used to, CoolSculpting could be the answer you’ve been looking for. That’s because fat doesn’t affect women only. Fat, especially around the midsection at the belly and love handles, is a universal language.
That’s why more men are turning to CoolSculpting to freeze away stubborn fat for good. At Element Body Lab, we find that men are more hesitant to dive into a surgical option, like liposuction – which is what makes CoolSculpting such an appealing alternative.
What areas can I treat with CoolSculpting?
Our favorite aspect about CoolSculpting is how customizable the treatment is. CoolSculpting can target pinchable fat, called subcutaneous fat, that lies above the muscle wall, which means the CoolSculpting treatment areas for men are the same as for women: if it’s pinchable, it’s freezeable.. You need a physical exam with our medical director, Dr. Phillip Dauwe to ensure you’re a good candidate.
He’s double checking to make sure that CoolSculpting is the safest option for you, but also making sure you have the right kind of tissue to get a great result. His opinion keeps you safe, but also protects your pocketbook. In order to get great results, you need maximum contact with the cooling panels. It’s not just about whether you have fat, it’s about whether this technology is going to work for you.
While the treatments are totally customizable based on your unique pockets of fat and your body, the FDA has cleared the following treatment areas: abdomen, flanks, banana roll, thighs, bra fat, upper arms, back, submental area (under the chin), and the submandibular area (below the jawline). CoolSculpting also has an FDA clearance to affect the appearance of lax tissue with the submental area treatments, which means you can see reduction in fat and improvement in skin laxity. Expectations are everything, and we’ll talk about what to expect after CoolSculpting once you’re in our office.
What are the most common CoolSculpting treatment areas for men?
Now that you know what you can treat with CoolSculpting, let’s talk about the most common ColSculpting treatment areas for men in Dallas.
- Abdomen (aka belly fat)
- The abdomen is the number one CoolSculpting treatment area men are looking for when the contact Element Body Lab. The unwanted belly fat that keeps their shirts from buttoning, or that hangs over their swim trunks. For men seeking CoolSculpting, we hear that it doesn’t matter how hard you’ve been working in the gym, there’s just that last spot that won’t budge.
The results you’ll see are impressive when it comes to abdomen treatments for men. CoolSculpting works, but you want to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth. Applicator selection (aka the treatment plan) should be customized based on how pliable your tissue is. If you’re not getting full contact with the cooling panel, you may not see as much of a difference. This matters because most often, men are more fibrous (or stiff) than women when it comes to the texture of the fat. It’s about anatomical build.
Additionally, CoolSculpting works for subcutaneous fat, but not for visceral fat. Squeezable fat above the muscle wall responds well to CoolSculpting, but slow to diet and exercise. Visceral fat that lies below the muscle wall will not be impacted by CoolSculpting but responds 3x faster to diet and exercise. That’s the reason we recommend diet + exercise + CoolSculpting for a fully transformation approach to our male clients.
- Flanks (aka love handles)
- The love handles are our personal favorite place to treat with CoolSculpting for men. The sides of the body are hard to target with diet and exercise and usually are the last place you see transformation with your own efforts. CoolSculpting works well to target the pliable, pinchable fat found at the love handles. It changes the whole way your pants fit, and when combined with an abdomen treatment, is sensational.
Dr. Dauwe has been treated at the abdomen and love handles, and he loves his results. Jessie has been treated at her love handles and it totally changed her shape. Some of our favorite CoolSculpting Dallas results with before & after photos of our clients are men, especially at the love handles.
- Chin (aka double chin)
- This one is self-explanatory, but we’re talking about it anyways. Your face is the very first thing you see every day. It’s the first thing in a meeting that anyone looks at, and it’s what you’re remembered by. Ditching a double chin with CoolSculpting can make you look like you’ve lost a tremendous amount of weight, all by changing your profile. Men often say that the changes they experienced after their CoolSculpting chin treatment really impacted their overall lifestyle. Because they were seeing so much of a difference, they felt more motivated, more confident, and more driven.
Chins are an impactful, and small place to see a big transformation. If you’re budget conscious, the chin is a great place to start a CoolSculpting journey, because you can see how you respond to the technology in a small space, while working on your lifestyle choices.
- Men’s Chest
- The male chest is another popular treatment area for CoolSculpting. This is a non-FDA cleared area to seek treatment, and it’s incredibly important to speak with a medical professional, not just for safety but to protect your investment. CoolSculpting works exclusively on subcutaneous fat, and not on breast tissue. Depending on if you have fat or breast tissue, you could be wasting your money. The only way to know if you’ll see amazing results or if you’re wasting your money is to have a proper diagnosis by a physician well versed in this technology. Assuming you are a CoolSculpting candidate, the male chest can be treated with CoolSculpting and can make a big impact in the way you feel in a t-shirt. One of our clients reported being able to go shirtless on a vacation for the first time in 10 years after his CoolSculpting male chest treatment. Does CoolSculpting work? Yes, on the right person with the right kind of fat, when performed by the right provider.
You can contact us for before and after photos of the male chest.
How long does it take men to see CoolSculpting results?
Results take anywhere between 3 weeks and 3 months to actualize. It depends entirely on your metabolism. We give our clients a few pieces of advice to enhance their CoolSculpting results or speed up the timeline at Element Body Lab, in Dallas, TX.
How long do results last?
Once the treated fat cells are gone, they’re gone for good. Although CoolSculpting treatments reduce the number of fat cells in the present area, it’s important to keep in mind this is not a weight loss procedure, nor is it a free pass. This is body contouring, and the remaining fat cells can still function as normal, being subject to weight gain and weight loss. We recommend you maintain your weight in order to maintain your CoolSculpting results for a lifetime.
How much does CoolSculpting cost?
The cost of CoolSculpting really depends upon the number of treatments needed and your ultimate body contouring goals. Some areas need 1 cycle (or application) to achieve full coverage, and some areas need 6-8 cycles to achieve full coverage. Some areas also need multiple treatments to see desired results.
Since the treatment is personalized, doing an in-person consultation is the best way to get the most accurate quote for your CoolSculpting procedure.
Most CoolSculpting treatments cost anywhere from $2,000 to $6,000 depending on how many areas you want to treat, which breaks down to between $300 and $500 a month on a 0% interest payment plan offered at Element Body Lab.
Is there any downtime? Can I work out after my treatment?
There is NO downtime after CoolSculpting. This is a non-surgical, no anesthesia option to target unwanted fat. We say there’s no downtime, but every client may experience something a little different after their CoolSculpting treatment. We recommend you jump back into normal day-to-day activity as quickly as you feel like it. Expect some minor discomfort, soreness, tenderness, and/or bruising. This resolves quickly, and the faster you act normal, the faster you’ll feel normal.
We ask our clients to get in a workout within 24-hours of their CoolSculpting treatment but avoid sauna’s and/or Jacuzzis for a few days because the skin is sensitive. One treatment of CoolSculpting can take as little as 35-minutes, so you’ve got plenty of time to hit the gym same day.
Am I a candidate for CoolSculpting?
The ideal candidate for CoolSculpting has stubborn pockets of fat, such as love handles or a double chin that are not responding to normal diet and exercise. If that sounds like you, the CoolSculpting treatment can help reduce fat in the areas treated up to 20-25% per treatment. Results compound on each other, so many patients have multiple treatments to achieve their body contouring goals, then maintain their results from CoolSculpting with typical healthy lifestyles.
Just as with any medical treatment, results and patient experience may vary. This is a customized treatment and we cannot emphasize the importance of meeting with a qualified provider for an in-person consultation. Your medical history and a physical exam determine whether you’re a candidate for treatment.
Take the next step. Contact the CoolSculpting Experts.
The reason we offer free consultations is specifically to give you the answers you’re looking for. You can meet our expert CoolSculpting team and come up with a complete treatment plan, unique to your goals. With the assessment out of the way and a treatment plan in hand, you can begin the coolest journey of them all… the one where you freeze away fat for good.
Give us a call at 214-897-3006 or email us at [email protected] to schedule your CoolSculpting consultation with Dr. Phillip Dauwe and your dedicated CoolSculpting Specialist, Jessie Poole.
Element Body Lab, The Dallas CoolSculpting Experts
* Please be aware the CoolSculpting is a prescriptive medical device. Any facility that doesn’t require you to meet with a physician in your initial consultation is not compliant with Medical Board Laws in the State of Texas. Jessie Poole, CoolSculpting Specialist at Element Body Lab, works under the medical direction of Dr. Phillip Dauwe of Lemmon Avenue Plastic Surgery & Laser Center and Dauwe Plastic Surgery.