- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
To enhance and personalize your experience on our site, among other things, we collect, use & share your user information. For example, we use aggregated information to develop more interesting or relevant content targeted to user interests and generally improve the user experience. As a general reminder, please think carefully before you put any information on the internet.
All health-related information contained within our website is intended to be general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for a visit with a healthcare professional. Our web-site is not intended to, nor does it create a physician-patient relationship. Your medical doctor should be consulted regarding matters concerning a medical condition, treatment, and the needs of you and your family.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- origin and site navigation of website visitors;
- details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use the Website;
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases or interest you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us or signing up to learn more;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us;
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We may share your information with another third party outside of our organization, if necessary to fulfill your request (e.g. to fulfill an order) or to facilitate our organization in managing our website.
Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email or text in the future to tell you about specials, or new products or services.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Personal Identifiable Information such as name, address, email address, and telephone number, is usually collected to process visitor requests. You are under no obligation to provide personal information through our website. You can contact our practice directly for alternative methods of submission.
You can access or control the information provided at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website. If you request a copy of your electronic records, it will be provided in the format requested or in a mutually agreed-upon format. We may charge you for the cost of any electronic media (such as a USB flash drive) used to provide a copy of the electronic PHI. You have the following access and control:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We care about the protection of your user information and use industry standard safeguards to do so. We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, it’s important to keep in mind that no data transmission on the internet is guaranteed to be secure.
To ensure the highest level of security, access to your data will be password-protected, and sensitive data will be protected by encryption. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a small data file that is written to your computers hard drive by your web browser. It can contain and/or automatically collect information, like your IP address or identification code, that a website will use to track the pages and number of times you’ve visited.
You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Some website features may not function properly without cookies.
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. And:
We may use an outside credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order. And:
We may partner with another party to provide specific services. We will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- with third party “business associates” that perform various activities (e.g. billing, scheduling, marketing, subscription, or transaction services) for the practice. Whenever an arrangement between our office and a business associate involves the use or disclosure of your PHI, we will have a written contract that contains the terms that will protect your privacy;
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
In order to provide other sources of information, some pages in this website are linked to outside websites not managed by our practice. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information. Element Body Lab does not review, control, or take responsibility for the content of those sites. In addition, the links do not imply endorsement or credibility of service, products, or information.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site, and providing more relevant marketing and/or communication.
Effective: January 22, 2019